PERSONAL INFORMATION PROTECTION POLICY
F.I.R.E. INC. (FIRE Group) is committed to protecting the privacy of our customers, potential customers, parties that it transacts business with, and individuals that may, from time to time, inquire about our products and services, via any means electronic or otherwise.
FIRE Group provides damage repair and restoration services for the insurance and loss control industry and has become an integral part of the claims handling services offered by these companies.
OUR PRIVACY PRINCIPLES:
- Accountability - FIRE Group has appointed an individual who is accountable for ensuring that personal information it receives is used appropriately.
- Identifying Purposes- Our purpose for collecting personal information is to provide you with services. We use your personal information for the purposes of contacting you, communicating with you while the work is in process, communication with the insurance carrier, collecting any fees that may be payable by you or the insurance carrier, to provide you with the appropriate warranty, should a warranty be applicable and to provide you with more information regarding our products and services. Your personal information may also be disclosed to a sub-contractor whom we have contracted to provide you with some or all of the services we have contracted to provide.
- Consent- We understand that the knowledge & consent of the customer is required for the insurer to collect, use or disclose personal information, and we will take appropriate steps to protect any information that an insurer passes to us.
- Limiting Collection- We will limit the collection of personal information to that which is necessary in order for us to complete a work assignment.
- Limiting Use, Disclosure & Retention- Personal information shall not be used or disclosed for purposes other than for which it was collected, except with the consent of the insured or as required by law. Personal information shall be retained only for as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- Accuracy- Personal information shall be as accurate, complete and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
- Safeguards- Personal information shall be protected by security safeguards, appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
- Openness- FIRE Group will make available to customers specific information about its policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- Customer Access- Upon request a customer shall be given access to their personal information. If it is necessary to charge a fee for this service you will be advised in advance. A customer shall be able to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate.
- Challenging Compliance- A customer shall be able to challenge compliance with the above principles with the person who is accountable within F.I.R.E. Inc.
Collecting, Using & Disclosing Your Personal Information
We collect, use and disclose your personal information in order to provide you with damage repair services that you requested or are contractually entitled to. In most cases, this information is provided to us through a third party, usually an insurance carrier. In order to provide you with claims restoration services, we use your personal information for the purposes of contacting you, communicating with you while the work is in process, communicating with the insurance carrier, collecting any fees that may be payable by you or the insurance carrier, and providing you with the appropriate warranty, should a warranty be applicable.
In some cases, it may be that the information we collect is supplemental to the information provided to us by any third party (Insurance Company) that has contracted with us. In such cases, it may be necessary to disclose any or all of this supplemental information to a third party in order to accurately communicate the scope of services that you require from us, such that the necessary work may be completed and we may be fully compensated for services rendered.
By providing your broker, agent or insurance company with personal information, we consider that you have done so with the knowledge that it may be necessary from time to time for these parties to disclose any or all of this personal information to FIRE Group.
You may withdraw your consent for FIRE Group to communicate with your insurance carrier at any time, but you should understand that in doing so, this may inhibit our ability to continue or complete any services that we have undertaken to provide to you. In such cases, the withdrawal of consent shall in no way limit our ability to be paid not only for services provided to date, but for any other reasonable service that we have in turn committed to on your behalf.
Protecting Your Privacy
FIRE Group undertakes to keep your personal information in strict confidence. We have taken reasonable measures to do so, such as maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information from unauthorized access and distribution. These measures are reviewed from time to time and may be modified at our discretion in order to maintain this undertaking. Access to your personal information is restricted to those employees that are required to know the information in order to provide you with the services you have requested. Information is retained only as long as is necessary, or to meet any legal, regulatory, tax or bylaw requirements.
There are circumstances specific to the restoration contracting industry where we will disclose personal information in order to provide the services that you have requested. For example, some or all of the information may be disclosed to a sub-contractor or supplier whom we have contracted to provide you with certain products or services. Only the information that is necessary to complete such work will be disclosed.
Accessing Your Personal Information
Any such request may be made to the address below.
There may be situations where we are legally prohibited from allowing you access to some personal information. For example, we would be prohibited should the sharing of your personal information provide you with access to the personal information of another person or persons.
In some cases, it may be necessary to charge you a fee for providing you access to your personal information. In such cases, we undertake that the charge will be reasonable and will be made only upon notifying you in advance. Should you choose not to pay such a charge, it will be deemed that you have withdrawn your request for access to your personal information.
We will amend personal information that is demonstrated to be inaccurate or incomplete.
Attention: Privacy Manager
Midtown PO Box 23120
264 Welland Ave.
St. Catharines, ON